Social Media is Hot and getting hotter!! – more than 900 million people on Facebook and links to YouTube, Twitter, Google+ and many more everywhere you look. All the best online marketers know that social media has become an integral part of growing a business.
Do not make the same mistake we did – Aqua IT Consulting was established in 2005, but we waited until 2013 before becoming active participants on Facebook and Twitter.
The number one mistake many small businesses make is to dismiss Social Media as irrelevant, unimportant –, or as we did – a waste of time.
You cannot avoid it, so get on board and embrace the fact that you can utilise social media to:
- Connect and build relationships with other like-minded people
- Drive traffic to your website
- Establish personal connections with your audience – find out who is talking about you and respond and monitor conversations.
- Interact in real time, the same way you would at a live event
- Increase your online exposure (people are more likely to find you on search engines)
- Build trust – people are more likely to do business with people they know
Are you still on the fence? Well, then consider this:
- Your customers ARE already using social media
- 172 million people visit Facebook daily
- 22 million people visit LinkedIn daily
- 20 million people visit Google+ daily
- 17 million people visit Pinterest daily
Social Media has become relevant for any business, and the consequences of not having a presence on one or more of these networks can be harmful in terms of the online success of your business.